Amazon has introduced that its annual Prime Day gross sales are scheduled for Tuesday, July twelfth, and Wednesday, July thirteenth, and this yr, as at all times, Amazon shall be dropping costs on a number of its merchandise for its Prime members. In truth, it appears like there’s already some momentum constructing up to the large two-day occasion with some early deals.
If you’re within the goodies being provided however haven’t signed up for Amazon Prime, don’t fear — Amazon makes it very straightforward. (Not surprisingly — in any case, it might be the sorry vendor who would make it troublesome for folks to change into new clients.)
Besides giving entry to Prime Day bargains, Amazon has come up with a bunch of options to entice folks to sign up for its Prime service. These embrace entry to Prime Video, its streaming video service; free and sooner transport on purchases (with two-day supply for many objects and even same-day supply for some); free supply on a selection of groceries (in choose cities); Amazon Music Prime audio streaming (not to be confused with the extra in depth Amazon Music Unlimited, which is a further $8.99 / month for Prime members); Prime Gaming, which features a free Twitch channel subscription; limitless picture storage (together with 5G of video storage); and Prime Reading, which supplies you entry to a library of comics, books, and magazines.
You can share your Prime account — and all of its options — with one different grownup. And you get a 30-day free trial, so you possibly can attempt it (and the Prime Day specials) out.
Here’s how to sign up.
Choose a plan
- Go to https://www.amazon.com/amazonprime and click on on the hyperlink Explore different plans.
- Choose which plan you need. The primary plan allows you to sign up for the service at $14.99 / month or $139 / yr, which comes out to a little bit over $12 / month.
- If you’re a pupil, you possibly can sign up for Prime Student. You’ll get a free six-month trial subscription and, after that, you’ll solely have to pay $7.49 a month. You additionally get some additional reductions, similar to Showtime for 99 cents a month (up to a yr), Amazon Music Unlimited for 99 cents a month, and a two-month trial of Kindle Unlimited.
- If you’re on authorities help or use an Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card, you can also join for less: $6.99 a month with a free 30-day trial.
- Is it your birthday quickly? If you’ve got a beneficiant good friend or relative, they will gift you a Prime membership for both three months ($49) or the complete yr ($139).
Create an account
- Once you’ve determined which plan you’re going to go together with, you’ll want an Amazon account. If you don’t have already got one, you’ll want to sign up. Click on “Try Prime Free” after which “Create your Amazon account” to set one up along with your identify, e-mail, and password. We strongly suggest setting up two-factor authentication for your account as effectively.
- On the following web page, Amazon will confirm your account by sending what it calls an OTP (one-time password) to your e-mail. Go to your e-mail, copy the OTP, paste it within the Amazon web page, and click on on Verify.
- You’ll then be requested to enter your credit score or debit card info.
- And you’re executed!
We ought to most likely point out the plain: you possibly can sign up for a Prime membership, benefit from the free 30-day trial, after which cancel it after the Prime Day gross sales are over. But you possibly can solely do that after, so that you gained’t give you the chance to use that trick subsequent yr when Prime Day comes round once more.
Update June twenty third, 2021, 2:05PM ET: This article was final revealed on June ninth, 2021, and it has been modified to mirror up to date details about Amazon Prime.